Year before meeting: July – August
* President elect contacts two honored guests.
Oct – Nov
* Fall newsletter (RMNS secretary, announces call for abstracts)
Nov – Dec
* Contact two Honored Guests (under direction of RMNS President) and have them consider titles and 3 objectives of two talks from each
* Contact RMNS program directors to encourage resident submission
* RMNS executive committee meeting Contact CNS speakers bureau (Tony Asher, Tony.email@example.com) for CNS representative speaker. Contact two Honored Guests (under direction of RMNS President) and obtain titles and 3 objectives of two talks from each Solicit RMNS program directors for resident submission (consider contacting all program directors in North America)
* E-blast announcement (Vanessa Garlisch, firstname.lastname@example.org)
“The ??th Annual Rocky Mountain Neurosurgery Society Meeting, jointly sponsored by the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, will be held June ??-??, 20??, at ???. This beautiful setting will provide the perfect location for an exciting scientific program including our two honored guests…….. Once again, we will have a resident award competition that offers a $400 cash award, plus travel expenses, hotel, and registration fees to the best resident paper in the neurosciences. Please label “resident award” when submitting an abstract. Online abstract submission is now available at http://www.rmns.org. The deadline is February 15, 20??. Alternatively, complete forms can be mailed to (program director).
* Abstract deadline February 15th
* Send out repeat eblast, making abstract deadline March 15th
* Abstracts due Form committee (President, Vice President, and Scientific Program Chair) to score abstracts to determine 4 finalists for residents award and 4 finalists for Academy Cup. www.abstak.com/core/rmns/2005/admin.lasso Email CME committee preliminary program
* Send list of non-members that have submitted abstracts to RMNS Secretary so they can be added to Spring newsletter mailing list.
* 40th anniversary, compare program from first year with this years Decrease number of talks, increase length per talk
* Kids tennis tournament (my wife Liz volunteered to organize)